The Man Behind Williams Fence
James B. Williams, “Jim” and his wife Lavonne established Williams Fence Company in 1959. Williams Fence had humble beginnings, with Jim making calls and installing fences and Lavonne answering the phone and keeping the books. The growth and success of Jim’s company is due to his commitment to quality work and service to his customers. Jim stayed true to his commitment to quality work all the way up to his sickness and death in July of 1997. Lavonne continued her service to the company until her retirement in 2002.
Today, the company is under the direction of James “Jim” W. Williams. “Jim Jr’s.” first job in the company was to put bolts into hinges and put them in bins in the warehouse, earning him a penny a bolt. As he got older and entered Junior High School, Jim worked in the gate shop, making $1 per gate assembled, and later found himself working in the field with installation crews in his High school years.
During his time in college, Jim came home in the summers to work by his father’s side. He graduated from the University of Florida’s College of Business with a degree in Finance, May 1988. The next week he started his full time job at Williams Fence Company.
Today we strive to continue Jim Senior’s commitment to quality and service that has maintained the company for over 50 years.