THE WILLIAMS FENCE STORY
Williams Fence company was established in 1959. It was started by James B. Williams, “Jim” and his wife Lavonne. As most new ventures, things started very small. Jim would make sales calls one day and install fences the next. Lavonne would answer the phone and keep the books. Jim’s company grew and flourished due to his commitment to quality work and service to his customers. Jim continued his efforts up until his sickness and death in July of 1997. Lavonne continued her service to the company until
her retirement in 2002.
Present day finds the company under the direction of James “Jim” W. Williams. “Jim Jr.” worked in the family business early in life. His first job in the company was
to put bolts into hinges and put them in bins in the warehouse. This job paid a penny a bolt. During Junior High School years, Jim worked in the gate shop, making $1 per gate assembled. High school years found him in the field with installation crews.
Once off to college, Jim worked by his father’s side during summers home from school. Jim graduated from the University of Florida College of Business as a Finance major in May of 1988. The next week he started his full time job at Williams Fence Company.
Today we strive to continue Jim Senior’s commitment to quality and service that has maintained the company for over 50 years.